1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-68 7.5' Express Mount - BEWARE

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by k2krunch, Dec 13, 2009.

1. k2krunch

k2krunch Junior Member

horrible. I've had mine for just a year and it's had to be rebuilt / replaced six times due to hydraulic leaks. The very first time I dismounted the plow, it leaked everywhere...brand new. I love the ease of mounting/dismounting, but if the damn thing spews fluid a month after a rebuild/replacement, what good is it? I live in the mountains at 9000 feet and we get a lot of friggin' snow. I need something dependable.

the dealer said that Meyer's 2007/2008 production line of E-68s had faulty seals - so they rebuilt it and rebuilt it for me. finally I told them to replace the unit - and they did with one from the 2009 production line. It worked fine for the first 2 snow storms, but then it spewed everywhere. I'm done with Meyer and will never buy their product again.

The dealer is stepping up to the plate and is going to swap out my Meyer's for a SnowDogg. I know that the SnowDogg is a newer plow, but I've heard mostly good and minimal bad about them. The fact that their engineer, Scott Moorman monitors this site and is so responsive is great. Also the fact that SnowDogg uses the Monarch hydraulics appeals to me. Dealer stated that Meyer is going Monarch in 2011.

So, if you're looking at buying an E-68 - I would caution you against it.

2. haulerman

haulerman Junior Member

was think about it but as much as i regret saying this, i think i might be done with my trusty meyer. allthough i wont be going red - i'm thinking orange ! but i will probley keep 1 old meyer blade, but i can quit anytime i want ! lol

3. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Here is New England guys mostly use Fisher, Im not sure if its because they are located here and more support?? But I can say that when I look at other brands they look "cheesier" to me, the MM2 I have is very rugged, also there are tons of Speedcast units still in use here too. Just my .02