1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60h - v66 drop issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mxander83, Nov 13, 2009.

1. mxander83

mxander83 Junior Member

I am having a problem with my v66 pump which is basically just an E-60H with a diffrent valve block. The issue I am having is that when I got to unhook the plow usualy you can put the switch in the float position and push down on the lift arm to unhook the chain. But last year toward the end of the season it wouldnt do such thing, its solid the only way to bring it down is to use a ratchet strap and force it down. and I have tried every thing i know to fix the problem ( rebuilt pump new packings and seals, new valve, new coil) any ideas on how to fix the problem?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you notice the drop speed change while you're actually using the plow?

3. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

On the underside of the cap is a plastic bushing. When new, its white but somewhat porous so it will absorb some of the fluid over time and swell a bit which will cause the ram to appear 'stuck' when trying to push it down by hand. Had this happen on a few E60s of mine. Replaced the bushing and all was well.

4. mxander83

mxander83 Junior Member

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you "rebuilt" the pump you should have already replaced it. If not then that would be your error.

6. mxander83

mxander83 Junior Member

I had the pump rebuilt by some a dealer in my area. So I am not sure what all was replaced he just said that it got new packings and seals so yeah I would assume that it was replaced but i dont know

7. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Part number 15737 is the one you'll need. #12 on the diagram.

8. mxander83

mxander83 Junior Member

Thanks for all the help!!! I will give that a try and go from there. BRING ON THE SNOW!!!