1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60H rebuild - take a look at this A valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by djlunchbox, Dec 7, 2011.

1. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

( I think it's the A valve, I pulled it apart last week and can't remember offhand) Anyhow, is this normal for there to be two screens on this? I am guessing someone replaced the original with a new one, and left the old screen in. I want to make sure I can reuse this valve (once i remove the extra screen ) The unit I have looks like the A valve was replaced with an aftermarket unit at some point. The coil is square and has a plastic "cage" around it. I will replace it with a new upgraded A valve if i need to. Just wanted to double check with more experienced re-builders, since this is my first time doing a pump.
    [​IMG]

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Yes it is the A valve. If it works i would use it.

3. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

Thanks Kimber. Just pull the second screen off right? There's not supposed to be two screens right? Stupid question I know, but just checking.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I have seen new valves come with two screens on them. Does not hurt anything if you leave it or take it off.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Remove it. it looks to be interfering with the lower seal.

6. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

I just ordered my replacement parts, and got a new coil and valve all together. I'll keep this one as a spare. The second screen did interfere with the seal. Into the spare parts bag we go. Thanks guys.