1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60h or E-58h?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by supercuts, Jan 24, 2011.

1. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

hi, my E-60H broke the base, then taking the pump off i snapped a stud to the motor, so i need a base and motor, $200+ in labor + seal kit, im in the $650 range. so, i found a used E58H pump for not too much more. ive been told the E58h is junk but though it was the better re-designed model? any help from someone who knows/repairs them.

repair guys, do i have my e60h fixed or buy the e58h? thanks
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We hardly see any problems with the 58h models,as compared to the 60 series. Our standard rebuilds are 150.00...which includes the seal kit. 160 for the base,84 for aftermarket motor. Have you considered working on the pump your self to save some $$$
  3. bdschumaker

bdschumaker Junior Member
    from IL

I made the switch from a e-60 last year to a e-58h this year. The only problem i have had with the e-58h is the low spill couplers, i ended up and switch them to the standard couplers. The e-58h is slower and seems to have less power than the e-60. Overall i am satisfied with the e-58h.
  4. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

thanks guys. jim, i started using you guys this year and have been very happy. thank you. im affraid to fix the pump myself because im the type that breaks more than i fix. im at the point where i may try and do it myself. ive been holding out because ive found a few complete plow with no truckside for the $1,000 range. ive just been a bit too late. people must really dislike their meyers to sell them that cheap. just missed a new ez plus st7.5 for $1100 with an e58h. if i dont find one soon i may hold out. the winter is will hopefully let up.

is the E57h a good pump? i heard one was the worst ever made and heard the 57 was it? thanks