1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 wont raise

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Homengarden, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Homengarden

Homengarden Junior Member

I hate to ask this, I researched the archives and didn't find anything exactly like my situation..I'm sure its there somewhere..Anyhow, This morning I was having trouble raising My Meyers E-60 with 7.5 poly blade. Would raise slow..Stop in the middle and then after shuddring a bit, go to the top.After I got back, I drained the fluid, checked the filter and all was clean..Filled it up, and it wont raise past straightening out the chain. I checked the Magnetism on the coils, and only have magnetism on the "B" solenoid..None on the other 2. Am I Missing something? I checked the "A" cartridge, not dirty..Any help would be greatly appreciated, were about to get dumped on...Thank, Rich

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

My guess would be the A Valve. Call Eshelmans on Tyler. Hell i just knowticed that Western Auto in Pvll twp carrys parts for the meyers plows. Anyways call me if you want Ill pull my a valve and we could try it in your truck....Rob Hollar 440.725.8439

3. Homengarden

Hey Rob, Thanks!! I called Eshelmans all day because they are open "24" hours when the snow flies..But, Not "Before" the Snow Flies.. :D I plan on running down there early, if not tonite if they open up.. I wanted to make sure from some of the experts on this forum before I rebuilt my plow..I really appreciate it..I plow for a bunch of families on an estate, which I Live at, And boy do they get cranky if there is more than an inch of snow on the ground..So I try to make them happy..Thanks much and If I need any help, I'll be sure to give you a buzz!! Rich

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Rich give me a call if you need a back up. Im just up here in Mentor so im not too far from ya. Just for the record Eshelmans is really high in his prices so be prepaired to deal out the cash payup . If you can wait a day or two there is a crack out fit up near detroit if you call them before 1100 am you will get the parts in no more then 2 days. And thier prices are hard to be beat. Again feel free to lean on me if you have the need....Rob

5. Homengarden

Rob,
    Thanks for the Info, I'm back scraping the ice off of the snow!!I hate this ice crap..Give me 2-4 feet of snow anyday!! I'll let you know if anything comes up plowing wise...Rich

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Rich,

Much obliged man, did you get all fixed up today????

7. Homengarden

Yup, Got it fixed up this morning..Just in time to spread some salt..Glad I rushed getting it fixed Lol...Well, If I didn't rush to get it fixed, It would have snowed 12 inches..Thanks again...Rich

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

What was the prob???

9. Homengarden

Well, I did need a new "A" cartridge..And while testing it, noticed thatI still had some creeping down..So I did a complete center rebuild..Now I shouldn't have to mess with it till The next time were expecting a big storm :D Where are most of your accounts? Local, or spread out? I was offered the Church on Baldwin rd Kirtland Hills, But I couldn't swing it with my schedule..Wish I knew ya in October..Lots of big $$ people belong there..Side jobs out the yang..I know the people in charge..If they don't like the job, they will switch next year...Rich

10. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Most of my work is in the pvlle / mentor area. I would have loved to do the Kirtland Hills area. They seem to get the snow earlier then we do being so close to the lake here. It seems to pass us rite by. So next year i want to spread out more then i did this year. I also want a mix of res / comm work. I don't want to put all my snow in one basket so to speak. I'm working on getting a convenience store. Yard disaster isn't cutting the mustard so Ive been told. I'm spending allot of my seat time helping my Buddie with his accounts this year due to his sub isn't the most reliable person. And my Buddie goes out of town on vacation and business so i take over his business while he is away. Ive been helping him out for the past 3 years and i fig it was about the time to go out on my own. But i got a real late start this year and i didn't even get my plow on my truck till the middle of December. So I fig i use this time to work all the bugs out for next year. But I'm real happy with the amount of work that Ive gotten thus far. And i just got some equip for my tree service that needs to have a once over and I'm taking the time to do that. And not to mention the mound of wood i have cut and waiting for the splitter. And on top of all of that i don't know if i told ya i work full time for sbc, so i do like to stay busy. So ill take all the work that comes my way.

Glad to hear that your back in business, I don't like to hear bout anybodies breakage and I'm always happy to help out....Rob

11. Homengarden

Rob, You sound a lot like me..Always looking for the good buck..Do you do cleanups with your tree stuff, or actual tree surgeon stuff? I handle all the stuff around here as long as its liftable. I've got a stack of wood thats waiting for me come out and split it..Little too crappy out there right now..Well, Gotta keep puting down salt...Rich

12. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ya we do it all, i just dont like to do anything any bigger the 42 - 48 inch in dia. After that it would be to costly for having us to do it. I dont have a craine truck so the big stuff is going to have to goto somebody eles. Theres enough of the smaller stuff for us to do. Enough so we did 30 jobs with 50 trees from the end of Aug till theearly part of Dec. We picked up our chipper and big truck in Aug and we got a whole lot busyer. We also will do the take down and leave it for the homeowner to save them some cash. So I fig the plowing would keep me busy on the real cold part of the year. Even though i think i spent 6 hours out in it today....Rob

13. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hey Robhollar
    I retired from Ameritech. used to be a good place to work until they hung up the Ameritech signs. I got real stupid in 79 and took a promotion to mgmt. In craft I was an Inst and Repairman. In mgmt when I left I was a Cable Repair Mgr. So besides plowing, I've spent alot of allnighters out on cut cables over the years.

14. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Dan , small world isnt it? Let me tell you if you only knew how things are today. Its gone to hell in a ditty bag. Im not sure if ill be ever to retirement there. Sbc is really putting a # on all of us, craft as well as mangment. What part of town did you work in? Ive been moved to 3 diff garages last year alone. But i finally ended up at the Tungston for the past 8 months

15. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Robhollar, I sent you a Pm.

16. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

got it, back at ya!