1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 wont go up or left or right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TDS, Dec 8, 2009.

1. TDS

TDS Junior Member

i have the joy stick switch

i cant get it to go up or left or right

it will go down

the relay is clicking. its getting power to the pump.

i had it on last week to check everything everything worked just great. took the blade off. left the mount and electrical connections together.

today we started to get snow. i put the blade back on attach the lines it goes up and down a few times left to right.

once i drop the blade to back drag my driveway it wont go up anymore. or left to right. i only backed up 1 foot.

ideas? how or what cant i test?

2. TDS

TDS Junior Member

update. i took the motor off it runs with power. When i compare it with this chart i get. the
    motor works ----> i can turn the pump shaft by hand. how bad is the rebuild job for these pumps? ive never rebuilt a pump before.

3. TDS

TDS Junior Member

what confuses me is in the meyer manual it says

this pump not working just suddenly happened.

one other thing when i put a jumper cable directly to the motor the plow angled to the left on its own with no touching of the joystick

4. meyer t-5

meyer t-5 Junior Member
    from erie

yes it is supose to angle with just the motor turned on at least my e47 is supose to and im pritty sure urs does too i would check to make sure u r getting power to all the coils just take a screw driver and touch the top of the coils wile someone is hitting the jowstick inside u should feel a magnetic pull on all 3 of them if u r getting power to all of them then check ur silonoid for your pump motor and make sure it is grounded good and working. i personally think ur silonoid for ur pump motor is bad. when u hit the joy stick inside does ur pump motor run at all ?

5. meyer t-5

meyer t-5 Junior Member
    from erie

and if ur not getting any power to ur coils then start looking at all the wiring harness for the joystick and make sure it is getting power to the joystick from a key on power sourse. i hope this helps ya out ill try and tell u everything i know about how to test stuff.

6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Check your solenoid first to make sure it is grounded good. Then make sure your pump is grounded. After that, have someone move the stick and put a screwdriver on the C coil. you will feel the screwdriver pulling to the coil.

7. rigoberto

rigoberto Junior Member

I had the same problem with mine too, and it was a quick fix, i just cleaned the ground on the pump solenoid and now its working fine. just like sefh said.

8. TDS

TDS Junior Member

alright that issue is taken care of. plow now goes up and down and left and right.

i replaced my grounding bolts with new and cleaned the connection.

but now it seems like the switch is giving me issue????

if i hit the joystick to go up the plow may angle left.

sometimes i have to keep taping left a few times for it to go left.