1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 60 will not raise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jay brown, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

e 60 pump will not raise. it's equipted with the older style 3 sticks controller. it angles L and R fine. it has magnatism on coil A when lowering. the motor will not run and no magnatism when the switch is in the raised position. is the switch bad?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

More than likely yes..but check the connection on the back of the switch first.

3. Jay brown

update...... there is a single click noise at the power unit when the switch is in raise position but still will not raise. i pulled the switch and tested it.... it tested fine for up but nothing for down. i tested it a second and third time and it tested fine up and down. i reinstalled the switch and everything worked fine as it should and then up and down quit. i tested the harnes/switch and it is getting power all the time on the hot leg, but nothing now on the up and down legs. must be the switch???

4. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

when i put my pump back on my truck it did the same all it did was click, it ended up to being the groundwire and the pos wire not having a good connection now works fine

5. Jay brown

did it angle L and R before the fix? i checked the + and - on the pump

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The contacts in the switch are bad Jay..not too uncommon on the Slick Sticks if they have some age on them..

7. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

all it did was click no movement so i looked at the switch first and it was good then i looked at cylinoid under the hood and it was good then i took the neg and pos wire off the pump and replaced them and it works now so look at the neg and pos wires going to the pump good luck prsport

8. Jay brown

thanks, got the switch today and it worked.....only problem was i had to take the harness off and put each individual spade on the switches because the harness wouldn't let the spades interlock properly and pushed the spades out of the harness. BTW i had the switches on nice and straight.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea they can be a real pain sometimes to connect, just too many terminals mounted in a single rigid rubber plug, and your trying to push them all on at once...Good to hear it fixed you up though.:)

10. Jay brown

thanks B and B