1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 w/touch pad wire harness help needed!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by GMC21, Dec 18, 2006.

1. GMC21

GMC21 Junior Member

I am new here, but have been reading and learning! I have a situation I could use a little insight on.

I have aquired an older Diamond plow set up. I was told it was in fine operating condition when I got it, but I am starting to think that may not have been true.

My pump looks to be the same as a E-60, but it has no stamp on it to tell me this for sure. Maybe because it is a diamond, it would have it where the service manual says it should be for a Meyers E-60. The control pad I have is a Touch Pad (#80115). I got everything wired as per the service manual and nothing happens. I have no power going out on the white wire (the one to the solenoid).

I was first thinking that the touch pad must be bad. I borrowed a touch pad, but it was an older, more square shaped one (#80115B). The plug was the same, so I gave it a shot. It popped the 10A fuse twice. I got looking and it almost seems that I have the wrong truck side harness. I compared the wires going into my touch pad and the touch pad I borrowed and they are the same. They also match what the service manual shows. I then looked at the square plug (the one that plugs into the touch pad) on the truck side and tested to be sure I still had keyed power on the blue wire. It was then that I noticed that the blue wire in this plug was in a different location that what the service manual says.

I have attached an image that shows what the colors are on the truck side and what colors are on the touch pad side. As I said before, the touch pad (both of them) match what the service manual shows. The truck side does not. I guess my questions is, If my harness is the wrong one (which it appears to be, what control belongs on the end of this harness?

Thank you!

MeyerPlowPlugs.jpg

2. Whip

Whip Member

Should help

Yeah, you're blowing the fuse because the power lead ends up plugged into the ground wire on the harness.

All you have to do, if you want and are mechanically inclined as it appears you are, is relocate the pins on the controller plug according to corresponding colors on the vehicle side. The colors should all do the same thing regardless.

3. GMC21

GMC21 Junior Member

Thank you

Thanks for the response Whip. That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to hear it from someone who knew more about this than I. I am in the process of making six short jumper wires to match up the colors. If that works, then I will pull the pins on the plug to relocate them. Thanks a lot!

4. GMC21

GMC21 Junior Member

Update

That did the trick, so I pulled the pins on the truck side and matched colors to the end of the controller. Only issue now is that when I press down on the controller, the overload light comes on and I have to reset it. Not sure what that is all about, but I am getting closer! Thanks again for the help.

5. Whip

Whip Member

There is a bad connection somewhere. Well, that's usually what the problem is. Double check your work at the controller connection. Then check and make sure your connection for the black wire is good at the front of the truck. Make sure your wire is good on the valve and not broken/frayed.

6. GMC21

GMC21 Junior Member

Got it working

I got it working and you are absolutely correct, it was just a bad connection. Thanks for your help!