1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Trips Out

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RealUpstate, Dec 10, 2009.

1. RealUpstate

RealUpstate Junior Member

First storm of the season brought trouble. A piece of my gear shift disappeared (90 bucks at Chrysler), new dent in side of '04 D250 (to be estimated tomorrow), night saber head lamp blown on plow - bought new bulb today and it didn't fix it, then I noticed the same side is out on the Dodge - both only low beam and the marker light is on, can't figure it, AND the controller overload (red light) comes on when I angle. The whole plow goes dead. I have to turn off the controller and restart it. Then I can angle again - maybe a couple times. Maybe six. Seems to be worse with a left angle though it does trip going right also. Seems to be willing to go up and down indefinitely. I didn't think it was going to snow, worked on Christmas lights the night before instead of the truck and got to work 40 minutes late to boot. Not a good day. Any thoughts on the red light/overload problem?