1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Touch-pad problem...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Wildman, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Wildman

Wildman Junior Member
    from Ohio

Just bought a E-60 pump and controls about a month ago. Upon installation found that it would raise and only angle left... Well with the useful info you fine folks have been handing out on this site I found that I had a bad C Coil and a possible bad A Coil... But upon coming onto a post from awhile back I checked the drop setting and found it bottomed out.. so after adjusting that 1 1/2 out the plow now drops... a bit too fast with a C-8.5 plow but I shall adjust that.. but my question is the touch pad.. when raising it works fine... but after you lower the plow it wont raise the motor runs but it dont raise.. I checked and power is staying on the A coil holding the valve open... If i shut the power off to the touchpad a few seconds it will raise again... but upon lowering it wont raise.. I'm thinking a bad touchpad.. I looked thru all the posts and havent found anything on this kind of problem.. Thanks in advance!!

Brian:)

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like you did some good research on your own here Brian.... Like you already suspected, and I'm just gonna confirm here, the TP is dying on you....as is should only supply power to the A coil when in float, and as soon as you press the raise button it should immediately kill the power to the A coil (which it obviously doesn't)...look's like you'll need to replace it..

3. Wildman

Wildman Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks B&B.. thats what i figured.. so the question now is.. buy another touchpad or change it over to toggels or a slickstick...

Brian:)

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you've been doin' some reading here then you already know my answer to that question..:D