1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 top seal replacement?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jeepjimmy, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

E-60 top shaft piston seal. hard to change?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They can be a little tough to dig out of the top cap. Just be gentle with it so you don't cause any damage/gouges to the top cap.

And also be gentle when your driving the new seal in. You have to use just the right size driver or else you'll damage or distort the seal.

May want to buy an extra seal just in case as it takes a little practice to get it back in undamaged on the first try. I still butch one up from time to time. :D

3. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

i see they sell the top cover as an assy. does that include the seal?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the replacement top caps come with the wiper seal.

5. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

that would be all i need?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your changing the whole top cap I'd go ahead and order a seal kit as well while you have the top off. This will give you all the small sealing washers and O-rings for the ram and reservoir tank...which will basically fall out/off while your attempting to change the top cap. Also gives you a good opportunity to clean the sump base out while the upper half is apart. A very wise investment for a little time and money.