1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 60 sticks to the right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dichdoc, Apr 7, 2014.

1. dichdoc

dichdoc Junior Member

When I angle all the way to the right my plow sticks. There is pressure in the lines to where you can't disconnect them. I've added spacers to the stops and it still locks up. I have magnetism at the C coil. If I push against a bank hard enough it will release. It also "released" on its own like the c valve or the cross over valve opened. Any ideas?

2. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Can you remove the c coil from the valve, or is it stuck?

If it's stuck, the c valve is swollen. You will be unable to save the c coil to remove...clearance isn't there to spin it on the valve, and it will take some chiseling to get off.

3. dichdoc

dichdoc Junior Member

She's stuck. So order valve and solenoid remove top nut and pound it apart and replace?

4. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Basically.

You should do several things.

Remove b coil (red) so it's out of the way.

Remove swivels or 90s

Remove a coil (black)

Then you may be able to force the c coil to spin off with the valve using a channel lock. I have found that this is easier than using a hammer. The housing technically prevents this when the wire part of the coil comes close to the a valve, but you will wreck the coil further before you wreck the body of the pump. Just force it.

I would advise you to remove the crossover nut and adjuster body to inspect the spring. And make sure it isn't rusted and broken. Do not loosen the 3/8" bolt, only use a thin 3/8 wrench on the adjuster body. This will keep you from messing with adjustment.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Also check fluid for moisture. If water is present locate where it is entering at and correct it.

6. dichdoc

dichdoc Junior Member

Got my parts and swapped out the c valve and solenoid. Was actually able to get the old one apart pulled with pliers and pryed with scraper it came off. I'll keep it for a backup. I had just rebuilt all the rams and changed out fluid so water shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the help.