1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 slow going up only??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cmo18, Mar 4, 2010.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

last storm was very very heavy and tonight when I was out it would angle fine but going up seem to be slow. Makes a whining noise.....Motor?B&B?

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

IMHO I would cunduct a pump pressure check followed closely by a amp draw check on the motor, could be a motor or could be a pump going south on you causing the "whine" .

Lifting requires the most output from the pump and puts the most draw on the motor , the above tests should tell the tale.

TOM

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Wouldnt be the A valve?

Can you give a little more detail to checking the amps?

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Could be a partially stuck "a" valve , but I doubt it .

Amp test is done by measurig the current with an ammeter through the power wires to the motor.

TOM

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

ok figured Id asked to make sure I check the right thing. I plowed all tonight, ill check it in the morning..snooze time!

6. marvelous

marvelous Junior Member

Slow going up has been pump. Pull motor and see if pump turns easy, if not replace it.