1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Selonoid Blues?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by marblehead, Dec 27, 2008.

1. marblehead

marblehead Junior Member

My Meyer E-60 plow has performed very, very well over the years and, of course, has taken a beating with the heavy snows we get up here in the Colorado Rockies at 8,000'! With the most recent heavy snows, the plow has started to "act up" with the "down" control. Left, right and up work flawlessly but the down switch/control has become very, very intermittent. I'm suspecting a faulty black-wire selonoid but am also wondering if the pricey control pad may be the culprit. Over the years, virtually all of the selonoids, pump motor and ram have been replaced, including a new touch pad about 1 year ago. I've also heard that moisture can invade the hydraulic fluid and cause similar problems but am suspicious of this since it is only the down control that is causing problems. Any ideas out there for a diagnosis/troubleshooting protocol?
    Thanks!

marblehead

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. marblehead

marblehead Junior Member

Thnk you, very much, basher, for your help in the form of the manual! Here we go!