1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 60 rebuild

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jay brown, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

currently i have a e 60 base, pump, motor, and pa block. my question is; would it be a waste of money to order parts and rebuild myself. or should i shell out the cash a buy a rebuilt one?

2. MACDADDY0401

MACDADDY0401 Junior Member
    from indiana

if it were me id shell out the cash and get another.
    (hey if you live in ohio i'll give you a name of a good place to go)
    and from my experience, id still hang on to the old one, you know the old saying "sh*t happens" -
    i busted my sump base- but got lucky and fellow helped me out, plus i understand the pa block is high $$$
    im thinking ill save up some money and probably pick up a new rebuilt one this summer, and keep the other as a back up-
    seems i never have plow trouble untill it snows....go figure.

3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Rebuilt E-60

Ther's a lot more to rebuilding a pump than first meets the eye. Sure, you can replace the rings and clean al the parts, no problem. But how do you make sure it is adjusted correctly? As I found out, it costs a couple of dollars for the gauges, means of compression, proper tourque wrenches, and other specialty tools to rebuid a pump correctly. Believe me, the investment for what you need to rebuild a pump correctly is less that the cost of a pump that guys like me have already rebuilt for you.

4. Jay brown

iblee how much would u charge me to rebuild? considering the parts i have are good.....pump, base, pa block, motor, and motor cover

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Sorry, been busy.

Got a rebuilt now I can send you. We'll deduct yours as a core. Give me a call.

6. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Sorry

301-392-0282

7. PeteAlicea

PeteAlicea Junior Member
    from CT

Meyer E-60e Quicklift Pump

Hi guys,

For anyone with some information...

I am looking for an used e60 or e60e quicklift pump in the CT or MA areas. Or if anyone knows who sells them or rebuilds them in the area. I have been working on mines trying to fix the sump pump reservoir and even though I had it welded it is still leaking...:realmad:

8. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Pete

Didn't you e-mail me asking about this?

If you want an E-60, let me know. I can have one to you within a few days.

9. Jay brown

mine is for sale on ebay it's at $20 today! 6 days left.

10. Jay brown

the parts i had sold for $150 on ebay!!