1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Jan 22, 2003.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

How many of you guys have had water inside the motor?

I asked why meyer changed from the E-60 to the E-57, and the rep said the E-47 pump has be statistically more reliable than the E-60. He said the E-60 is notorious for having water build up inside the motor. The E-47 does not have this problem because the motor is mounted vertically.

I have and E47H and upgrading i thought to a better pump should i be going to the E-57H instead??The pump is on it's way but I mightsend it back if it's not good.

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yes, I drilled holes in the bottoms of them so they can drain. Also bought the rubber power pack covers & haven't had those water problems since.

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Cat--- that was always a problem when we ran e-60's (at the place i used to work had 11 E-60's). The pumps stayed on the trucks all year,so we went out and bought those black rubber covers a few years back and that stopped the problem. I still see my old boss and he said that haven't replaced a motor in 3 yrs. So i guess they really do work.