1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 question.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Musky, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Musky

Musky Junior Member

How do i adjust the speed of how fast the plow lowers? It drops down so fast feels like its going to break the cement! Is there a way to slow it down?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Need to adjust quill/lower speed screw. It is hidden under cap next to filter cap.

3. Musky

Musky Junior Member

I took the Acron nut off and seen a 10 mm bolt that screws in. From what i read its a pressure release valve?

4. kimber750

Correct, that is not the lower adjust. The nut looks just the ones the filters hide behind. If my memory is right it will allen screw inside.

If motor is on passenger side the screw will be on back side of pump. There will be two hex caps right next to each other, the one a little higher up is lower adjustment.

E-60-drop-speed.jpg

5. Musky

Musky Junior Member

The motor is on drivers side. Do i have to take apart the pump to get to the allen screws?

6. Musky

Musky Junior Member

Okay i see it now. I did not see the attachment

7. kimber750

Have seen E60 installed both ways, makes it hard to tell people where things are located. :dizzy:

Added the pic after I went and found one.

8. Musky

Musky Junior Member

I found it. Do i just turn it in or out and see if the speed changes? Or is there a set adjustment that its supposed to be. Like 3 turns out ect...

9. kimber750

In slower drop, out faster drop. Turn in a bit and try, repeat if necessary.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

just b/c my a.d.d kicked it a bit.....you know this is in the wrong forum right??
    :nod: