1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 pump question.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tjctransport, Nov 22, 2008.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i just got a used E-60 pump to replace the E-47 that was hit a few months ago and torn off the truck.

the motor engages, but does not lift. i did not try with the plow on yet, so do not know if it angles or not, but the motor engages when i hit both angle buttons.

is there a site for troubleshooting the E-60??

i know the E-47's, but this is the first E-60 i have ever owned.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your familiar with the E47's then the E60's will be no problem for you as they're not much different. Same wiring/valve/coil/ layout.

So, if you know the E47's when they wont raise the troubleshooting steps are the same for the E60's. Start with the B coil and valve to see if they're getting power an magnetism.

Here's the troubleshooting tree.. Troubleshooting You can see it's listed for the E47/E57 but it all applies to the E60 as well.

And here's the E60 repair manual as well: E60 service manual.

3. tjctransport

ok, thanks.
    i have been plowing with meyers E-47's for over 35 years, and was not even aware they had filters in them.

very reliable setup. in all those years i have only replaced 2 motors, a few fittings, and 1 filler plug vent cap.

4. tjctransport

well, it seems the angle block is bad. there is a crack in it, and fluid is bypassing inside it keeping anything from working i think.

are the angle block the same on the E-47 and E-60??

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you sure it's cracked and not o-rings.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they're a direct interchange.

How did you come to the conclusion that's it's broken internally?

7. tjctransport

i can see the crack, and fluid is seeping out of it when the pump is activated. hehe

plus, i took the bypass valve out, and according to the pictures, some parts are missing, which leads me to believe that it is bypassing instead of lifting the ram.

8. tjctransport

thanks for the info B&B.:salute:
    i just got done swapping the angle valve blocks, and all i can say is wow!!:eek:

if i knew the E-60 was gonna be this fast, i would have switched over to them years ago.
    as the E-47's start dying, i am definitely switching everything over to the E-60

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the E60's speed are a big improvement.

However, if you'll be purchasing new pump to phase the 47's out make a note..the E60's are obsolete. Meyer stopped producing them a while back...so you'll be going with the current E58. Which IMO are the best pumps to date anyway.