1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Pump problem, does not work under load?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mower For Less, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

Got an E-60 that I bought last year, went over it during the summer, checked all the seals, packing, etc.. and changed the fluid. Everything looked good. Hooked it up to the truck to test it out, and it worked fine up and down. Just got around to testing it with the plow on, and under load it will not lift the plow, and causes so much load that it stalls the engine, even when revving the gas. This is on a 1/2 ton GMC with a 140 Amp alternator (known good) and dual battery setup (also known good). I swapped it back out with my old E47, which still worked fine, further taking blame off the truck wiring. This is the newer dual terminal E-60, and the motor is wired to spec with both grounds jumpered. On 10 attempts, I got it to lift the plow once, and it shot it up full speed, so the pump and seals appear to confirm good, and it held it up no problem, but 9 times out of 10 it stalled the engine, or nearly stalled when I let up on the control. I assume this is a motor problem, but am not sure the best way to check or confirm this since I do not have a spare motor and no way to measure the amperage draw under load. Does this sound like I am on the right track to rebuild the motor, or does anybody else have any suggestions I should try?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

3. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

make sure the bolt on the motor for the power is not grounding out. there is 2 plastic washers that go on each side of the power terminal that will crack and allow it to ground out. hope this helps