1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 60 pump lid replacement

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeepman4u, Dec 4, 2011.

1. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

On my e 60 it is start to leak fluid out the top seal. I want to just change the top lid, If i take the 3 nut off the top is that all you need to do to replace it. Then put the new one and put the nuts back on and we should be back up and running, right.

curt

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

There's a seal around where the ram goes through called a wiper, replace that as well. Is your fluid level to high or is the cap broken? There is a o ring around the inside of the cap also.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

It's very easy to do, keep a extra cap on hand for that break down in the middle of the night.

4. TomsSnowPlowING

TomsSnowPlowING Senior Member

The cup seal at bottom of ram also needs changed. & other seals with the ram. My problem was a crack sub base. Rams was slowly leaking down & slow angle to left when was leaking down.

5. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Mine is leaking right at the top of the ram goes up/down.

6. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

meyers e 60

Does anyone around southern illinois rebuild these pump i have another one that just need to be looked at. thanks

7. cuffnup

cuffnup Junior Member

where ya at in southern IL?

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do NOT reuse the nylon seals under the 3 nuts. They are one time use only. Most of the time when removing these 3 nuts the studs will unscrew from the base. There is also a filter inside the reservoir, I would clean this while I had the top off. Good luck.

9. cuffnup

cuffnup Junior Member

where is the filter at in the reservoir? I took mine apart and must have missed that one?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On an E60? There isn't one. They have no filtration before the gear pump, it's after and located behind the hex plug on the front side of the sump base.

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Some how I failed to notice he said it was an E60. :blush2: Been rebuilding E47's for the past few weeks and was just stuck in that mode.

12. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Hey cuffnup

i live in West Frankfort , illinois. Were are you at.

13. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Can you just change the seal out with the pump on the truck bring it the top seal, or should you take of the cap to replace. this pump was rebuilt and i put it on the the truck at the last part or the season.

14. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Which seal are you talking about? Please be more specific

15. Picture of pump be helpful.

Picture of pump be helpful.
    Are we talking about E-60 or E-47

16. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

sorry e 60 pump, it would be the wiper seal 05119 is the part number

17. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Leave the pump on the headgear and take off your cap, first you have to remove the bolt that connects your ram to the lift arm..then pull the 3 bolts off the cap. The wiper seal should come out fairly easy. Make sure the lift ram is smooth with no rust pits and replace the other seals at the bottom of the ram.