1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 60 pump ground problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeepman4u, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

I just put my Meyers plow on my truck Friday and the red light on the control keep coming on would not run pump.I clean the ground cable to the pump. red light again. Today i put my back up control on and it worked, so i change it back and it worked them, boom red light came back on. turn off & on control worked again. Dang red light came back.???? Is that a ground problem.I had this problem once before and i think it was the ground to motor. next it get the boss plow on and check out.

thanks
    curt

2. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

That sounds like a ground issue. How is the body ground from the battery? Also the the motor ground wire to the battery?

3. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

is this a 2 wire motor or a 1 wire motor if it is a 1 wire motor pull the motor and cleand the motor mounting plate up and the motor surface were it mounts if it is a 2 wire motor pull the ground to the motor and pump clean it and see if this helps your problem this is considered maintinace

4. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Got it fix last night, did a lot of reading on the site because my blade was not on the truck the control made it act like a ground problem. I put the blade on and no problem work like a champ and the best thing the first snow hit this morning. thanks for all the help.

5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Hey I haven't had to ask anything YET but I know the time will conme and it is nice to have a site like this.

6. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Got ready to push snow Tuesday morning, dang red light got me again. So i have power to all relay and to the ground wire to the pump, tested with test light. I know e60 are know for motor problems, it ran great last year before i put it away for the season. Any i deals that could help me out.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Clean and reclean ALL connections. Follow post #3 above... Be gentile with dialectic grease. It is an insulator. make sure the quick connects on the motor wires are making good contact, just because their hard to out together doesn't mean their making good contact.