1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 pump drifting down not check valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by S10mandonny, Dec 17, 2007.

1. S10mandonny

S10mandonny Junior Member

Hey guys, I am about to go nuts, I bought a 1995 Chevy 2500 on Ebay with a meyers plow and E-60 pump, Well the blade was in the bed, so i that I could get it home and save fuel, anyways. I put the blade on and lifted it up and it went back down. i so I asked a few people and the said check the A valve, So I pulled it out and looked fine but replaced it anyways. Same thing still goes down, So I take it to a local dealer/ repair shop and they rebuild it, get it back works fine for the few hours I used it, Well went out the other day and went to leave and picked the plow up and dropping again, So I take it back they rebuild again, Same story, Its back to dropping, Is there something else that could be wrong. Or should I just wreck the truck and collect Insurance. lol Angry In ohio
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Iam at the same spot got one 60 that leaks down also and the book says change the sump base but the only thing that has not changed is the coil so I found one in one of the repair kits and iam going to change it. I have noticed that if the charging gauge is high the plow holds better so I would like to find the problem also. The only reason iam on the coil is that its not a straight drop it drops a 1/4 inch at a time. Yes Ive changed all the other parts and checked the valve for any kind of sticking so its a PITA... Hope we figure this out.......
  3. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

could be a cracked/split packing cup.
  4. S10mandonny

S10mandonny Junior Member

The packing who

I have never tooken one apart, nor am I sure what the packing cup is, But is that something that would be taken out when rebuilding, and is it something that you think would be noticable? I am trying to figure out if I should find someone who knows what there doing, or if its just one of them things.
  5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

BUMP any more input guys
  6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if it just comes right down ,replaced the a valve ,didn't do it ,ram cup packing or lower seal is ok ,cylinder tube is not rusted in good shape , leads to new base !