1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Pump, blade keeps dropping ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Nascar24, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I've got an E60 H that will lift the plow and will angle but it will not keep the plow up it drift down so I have to keep hitting the raise but to keep the blade in the raised position. I topped off the fluid and it seemed to extend the time before it starting to drop?

Any adjustments? or is it more than that?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No adjustments for this fix Jay...

Most common thing for this problem is a leaking A valve (black wire) They'll either leak through the valve itself or around the O-rings on the outside of the valve.

Second common thing is a worn packing cup on the lift ram, or the O-ring at the bottom of the cylinder.

None of it is too hard to repair...
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks for the quick reply

I have a feeling it's the O-ring at the bottom of the ram, I resealed it last winter and though it was ok, I guess not.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I will second B&B on the o-ring and packing cup. I had my e60 go down in the feb14th blizzard with that same problem. When I tore into that one, the packing cup was gone. Should replace the cup and o-ring and also toss in a new top cap seal as well
  5. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

there is an adjustment screw on the front of the pump you have to take one of the front bolts out on the face of it and there is an Allen wrench screw in there that you adjust the drop speed just adjust this a little and it wont drift down on you watch you feet or lower the blade before you do this