1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Problems (thinking pressure relief valve)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Pusher5.4, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Pusher5.4

Pusher5.4 Junior Member

OK there is a little back story here but first I will simply state the problem. My motor runs on all settings raise, left, and right. But the plow does not move at all. OK now before you jump to conclusions here is the back story. My plow started to angle slowly and not hold an angle when hitting a big pile with one corner of the blade. So naturally I thought it was low on fluid (which it was). But I had bought this plow used very close to the season and had never checked the level (first example of me not being smart), so I wasn't sure where the fill plug was. So we took off the cap and threaded insert for the pressure relief valve thinking it was the fill plug. Then seeing the spring I knew it was some kind of valve but though it might still get filled up there (second example of me being not smart). Then for some unknown reason we decided to operate the plow with the cap off (this is the third example of me not being smart and because of which I will accept the Dumb Ass of the year award) So needless to say it shot an impressive arch of fluid out of the valve and the spring as well. we found the spring and put it back in. found the fill port, filled it and bled out the rams. Then much to my dismay the motor would run but the plow would not operate. So my question is this. Is there a check ball that the spring holds down that might have been launched out as well. Is there a way to bleed the motor? because we just bled the rams. Or do you have any other solutions of with it might be? I checked both filters and they are clean. Any help would be great. Thank You so much and Merry Christmas!

2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Merry Christmas Pusher.
    I don't know about the ball bearing behind the spring. I'm sure you can get on the Meyer web site and they will have an exploded view of your pump. As for emptying the pump, There is a plug in the bottom of the pump on my E-60. Just unscrew it with a Allen wrench and it will come out. The problem is, it is not easy to get to. You have to take some things apart to get to it. You have to lean the pump forward and remove the plug. If it doesn't have a plug, the there are two ways to get the fluid out. Either use a suction type pump though the filler cap or take the pump completly off and turn it upside down and pour the fluid out.

The thing is, if you and others would have read the back posts you would see that others had the same problems and they was told how to fix it.

Good Luck.

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

4. Pusher5.4

Pusher5.4 Junior Member

Kenyou Thank you very much. I actually did look through some posts before posting. I found a thread in which you had put a link up to the meyers owners manual which is how I found out it was the pressure relief valve but it did not have a diagram. thank you for posting that. and thank you for posting the e60 pdf. it was a lot of help, looking at the diagram there is a check ball under the spring I am sure that thing shot out like a cannon ball. I will have to pick one up although I don't know who might stock it unless it is the same part number as an automotive part. Thanks again for your help. Thats why I love plow site, people are always looking out for each other. If you ever need anything let me know.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!