1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tom718, Nov 11, 2006.

1. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Hey guys I have a E-60. I don't really know the history on when it was last rebuilt, But I decieded to change the fluid. I opened the main drain and ran the moter a bit, alot of white water foam came out. I then finished with adding new meyers fluid ect. I notice that when I bring the blade up it tends to skip. What would cause this? The plow angles left to right fine, but tend to skip while going up.

Thanks for the help

Tom718

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe a bent ram?

3. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

It looks ok eye'in it up. ? for you experts... Would outside temp make a differnce? Would thinner fluid cause this problem? I just stripped all the paint off the unit and was just gonna repaint it and but now I'm thinking maybe rebuild time.

Thanks again

Tom718

Anyone here rebuild these for cheap? I got two. One is a E-47 and the other is E-60

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If there is no load on the system, it can be jerky. Especially if there is air in the system. Lift the plow several times to make sure all air is out. If still jerky, pull the top and inspect the cylinder assembly. I always pull the top off a newly purchased used pump. I have found large amounts of sludge in sump from pump fluid never being changed.

6. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Thanks for the tip. I just cracked it open, it looks really good in there, nice and clean. So I then took off the A coil pack and found alot of water and gunk underneith it. I am thinking I might just replace the A valve since I have it apart. You think a stickin valve will cause this problem?

Thanks Again

Tom718

7. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Ok thanks guys. Another ? Could I use a 1/2" "A" Valve and coil? or should i stick with the 3/8 stem. What is the differnce between stems?

Thanks again

Tom718

8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

The 1/2 one is a new design it is alot better than the old one but if you are swaping you need to change the valve and coil

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you found water under the A valve after you changed the fluid the first time then you didn't get all the water out.These Meyer pump have all kinds of areas for water to get trapped and if there's a lot of it in it you usually need to completely disassemble the pump and clean every part and piece in it in order to remove all traces of the water. If nothing else I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you at least flush the system several more times cause if there's water in it when the temps drop she won't work for long.

10. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

The water was between the coil and the valve. Not where the fluid was, I will flush the unit a few more times and I am replacing the A coil and valve to the 1/2 new style. I will report back when i'm finished.

Thanks guys for the time.

Tom718

11. JAMES DERBY

JAMES DERBY Junior Member

Did You Check The Filters? The E 60 Has 2 Filters.

12. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Yes I did... I beleave maybe it was air that was causing the problem although I did rebuild it. I replace all three valves and coils seeing I stole them for the E-47. Brushes for the moter, Main O-ring set,Paint and Sticker. I did have a problem though with it angling left and right "after the rebuild". It was moving very slow. It turned out that I used the wrong ball for the pilot check valve. Once I took care of that problem it started working nicely.
    I gotta say I did learn alot about these pumps the last two weeks.

Have a Happy Thanks Giving :drinkup:

Tom718

13. somm

somm Senior Member

at about $250 per rebuild around here, as compared to a rebuilt & warranted replacement pump installed at a round $1500 - amen, post #4 !