1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by FBC Turf, Nov 28, 2010.

1. FBC Turf

FBC Turf Junior Member

ok, western guy trying to help a friend with used e-60 get it ready for snow in Oklahoma.
    Background: I rebuilt the wiring harness per the controller paperwork and I'm sure that it is all correct. The underhood solenoid is still the one that came with used plow. blade not connected

Problem: all power wires connected, all signal wires connected to controller, when I turn on the controller the underhood solenoid clicks to energize and the motor on the pump starts to try to work. after a couple of seconds the power lead on the pump motor starts to smoke and I turn off the controller and everything stops.

I hope this is enough info for someone to try and help. There may be something that I don't think is important so please ask questions. Thanks for your time

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What style controller? It's wired incorrectly or the controller is faulty I can assure you that.

3. FBC Turf

FBC Turf Junior Member

it's a membrane controller from buyers (S.A.M). I will try a new controller and let you know how it works. Thanks for the help.

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Be careful "trying" different controllers without verifing the wiring again, I know you said it is all correct but a quick double check can't hurt, simply "trying" a different controller without verifing all wiring is sound can spell instant disaster for a touchpad.

TOM