1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 plow drop

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lakeffect, Dec 1, 2007.

1. lakeffect

lakeffect Junior Member
    from NE ohio

Hey, Anyone have a solution for the ever-loosening socket set screw controling plow drop speed on the E-60? Don't want any junk getting into fluid! LET IT SNOW...........

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the drop speed screw and gently put a "dimple" in the threads a few threads down from the hex end of the set screw with a small punch. You don't need to hit it too hard as you don't want to destroy the threads, you just want to "distort" them slightly in one area...doing this will add turning resistance to the screw which will help hold it in adjustment..

Been doing them this way for a long time now.....

3. lakeffect

lakeffect Junior Member
    from NE ohio

works for me

Thanks, that tiny dimple did the trick. Now if Meyer's would do................

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear it worked for ya...... been doing them that way for a good long time now and it works well.

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice trick i'll have to try this too....thanks

6. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

Where is this drop screw? .I would like for mine to drop quicker.thanks ..

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the front of the pump where there are two 11/16 hex plugs... one has a filter behind it, and the other (closest one to the valve block) is where the drop speed screw is located..

Be sure to do this adjustment with the blade on the ground!....

Remove the plug and use a 3/16 allen wrench to reach in and turn the drop speed screw. Turn it counter clockwise to increase the drop speed. They're fairly sensitive so only turn it about an 1/8 at a time...

Make sure you reinstall the plug before you recheck the drop speed or the back of your blade will get a bath of plow oil..

8. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

Thanks .. I'll give it a try ...