1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 not raising

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Nov 13, 2007.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I rebuilt my E-60 and went to check it out today. I will not raise the plow. Motor runs fine and wiring checks out. On the 2 pole motors which one is positive and which is negative. Could I have them reversed?
    Thanks for any help.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

don't know if you can do it on a e60 ,but you can reverse the rotation on a e 47 motor and it wont work ! permanent magnet motor guy had it apart and reversed the center section of the motor .

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the posts on the motor..they should be marked "A2" and "D1"..
    A2 is your hot and D1 is your ground.
    If you connect them backwards, they will spin the wrong way..

4. cbeard

cbeard Member

I couldn't find any markings on the posts on the motor. I checked the solenoids and they were OK. What next?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the posts on the motor are facing up, then the one that's furtherest forward is the 12V post..

If they face toward the truck, then the top one is the 12V..

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if u put it back on the truck and u have the eazymount dont forget to take the jack out

7. cbeard

cbeard Member

The wiring is OK.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So is it working now?

9. cbeard

cbeard Member

Yes it know works. I think the pump may not have had a good ground. With the rebuilt I gave the pump a good paint job.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear it was a simple fix...

11. cbeard

cbeard Member

Well I thought it was simple. Put plow on my truck yesterday. Plow raised fine and lowered. When I lowered the plow I wanted to take some slack out of the chain went to the plow and I was able to compress the cylinder without operating the control. Tppk the slack out and know the plow will not raise or angle and the motor will not turn. What could it be know. A bad solenoid, I can hear the solenoid click when controls are used. Or is the B valve sticking open not allowing the motor to turn?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't be able to do that..what style of controller do you have?
    Could be a bad solenoid or poor connection. Take a set of jumper cables and hot wire directly from the battery to the motor and see if it runs...
    No,....because no matter what the valves are, or aren't doing the motor should still spin when you power it.

Sounds like you have more than one problem here...

13. tccortes1

tccortes1 Junior Member

Meyer pump E-60

I have the same problem. Mine won't go up, or go down. It will go to the left angle, but it it won't go to the right. Is this how the E-60 goes?, After the warranty expires, so as the pump. For the last 2 yrs., I probably use it 8 times, for less than 4hrs. and parked it in my garage to keep it clean and dry. I don't know what is going on with this pump?. One thing for sure, I will not buy any Meyer products again, Since in the beginning it always causes me problems. Do you know if they have a recall for the E-60 pump that we don't know about?. i heard the same problems with some plowers in my area, Especially if you store it for a long time, it does not matter what you do. Let me know.:gunsfiring::angry:

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's the default position when none of the valve's are opening but the motor operates..probably not getting power from the controller or they're not plugged in to the control harness. Your problem isn't quite the same as cbeard, his won't even spin the motor.

15. cbeard

cbeard Member

B&B I have the square controller

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

OK, do the test with the jumpers like I said and let us know what you find...

17. cbeard

cbeard Member

B&B i did the test and the motor runs. I hooked up the plow and the thing started to work. Problem solved NOT. Hooked the plow up tonight so that I could work on the moldboard and nothing happened when I tried to raise the plow. So I took the ground off and tightened the connection into the motor and did the same with the positive and everything worked fine. Maybe know my problem is solved. Thanks for your help