1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 new motor mounting?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smcunningham, Jan 22, 2010.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Motor took a poop so i went and bought a motor...
    ? is the two bolts that hold it to the pump seem to short they only screw in like 3 turns ????. It is a two stud w/ ground jumper wire....The motor is a amt0354 motor 4-1/2" (national liftgate)....Any body ever install one of these???
  2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I installed a new one on my old e60, the bolts holding it to the pump are about an inch longer than the motor itself. I did have a hard time removing the motor end cover from the pump (It came off the motor when removing) due to corrosion, but other than that its pretty straight forward, good luck
  3. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

I aready got the old motor off and yes the old bolts that hold the motor to the pump are threaded in about one inch i'm talking about the new bolt that came with the new motor??????....they only thread in like three turns.....??????does not seem like there long enough
  4. mustangEd

mustangEd Junior Member

Bolts are definitely too short, a bolt should go
    1 and a 1/2 times its diameter into a blind hole.
    for example a 1/2" bolt should go 3/4" into a blind hole
    to hold its rating. Buy new bolts.
  5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Did you change the pump mounting plate ?

Are you replacing a single stud motor with a two stud motor?

Coud be corrosion around the pump mounting plate area not letting the new motor seat itself on the mounting plate.

6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

take the square nuts off on the inside of the new motor if applicable. my new one had square nuts on it and it wouldnt let me thread it in as deep. removed them and bingo! fit fine.
  7. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

you say its a 4 1/2" i think a meyers e-60 motor is only 4" that could be your problem right there, also make sure the new bolt and the old bolts are the same thread. coarse vs. fine thread
  8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

The square nuts are to be removed before mounting motor to pump. They are on there just to keep the motor from falling apart before assy.
  9. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

I got it to work. The old bolts were 1/4" to long they would bottom out and the new bolts were like a 1/2" to short....I cleaned up the old bolts real good and added some anti seize and cut 1/4" off of them works great....Thanks for the help.
  10. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

lol thanks mark...i figured that out...thought maybe he was making same mistake i did....