1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 needs help!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by baddboygeorge, Jan 23, 2003.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

my e-60 unit will not go to the left an the power angle hoses are so tite (like in pressure) i cant take them off the power unit . what have i done unit was working fine i just had to replace the cylinder housing cover an put new fluid in unit an it was working well an all of a sudden it stopped angling to the left an the lines seem like they have alot of pressure on them please please help me . thanks george

SCFALL Member

Need more info, will it raise and lower how about right angle. First try to get the truck inside to warm it up could be froze,next you might have to crack open a line to relieve the pressure. Sounds like mabe a bad coil or valve. give us more info and we'll help you figure it out. scott
  3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Naturally you changed the fluid in the reservior when you replaced the lid and seal. You said there was water in the system.

Did you drain the contaminated fluid from the angle rams? Ice doesn't flow through hoses too well. :(

4. FatherandSon

FatherandSon Junior Member

Had Same Problem

I have a brand new E-60 and had the exact same problem. Angled right but would not return after only 6 hours of use. Took it back to dealer. He told me that the couplers had been recalled by Meyers. In addition had to replace a coil and also said the pressure was set too high from the factory. He reset it to 1500lbs instead of the 2100 lbs they had.

If you want to free it up (temporarily) do like I had to do. took a hammer and small chisel and just tapped the couplers off. It relieves the pressure but is only a temporary fix, about 20 mins or so.

Hope this helps you a little
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I would look at the quick-couplers too.Could one be only partially engaged ? or some dirt stuck in it. You may have to crack a hose loose to relieve the pressure to pop the couplers off.