1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 motor problem??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jlb2500hd, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I have a 5 year old E-60 pump, when i first start to use it, it works great at a normal speed, however when i start to plow with it and use it continously it works really slow, if i park it and come back later, it will work at the normal speed until i start plowing again. The plow is on an '04 2500 hd so i know the alternator and battery are sufficent enough, i'm thinking that it may be the motor starting to go, does anyone have any suggestions??

2. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I also just changed the fluid and cleaned the filters, thinking that may be the problem, however it didn't help.

3. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

when I had my meyer blade it was one thing after another I suffered with that plow for 6 years.
    the best thing I ever done was left it on my truck when I sold it.

I suggest to try another brand and see how nice they are.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If It is a 1 terminal motor I would start by taking the motor off and clean the mating surfaces of the motor and pump. I would also check the brushes to see if they need replaced...

5. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I don't need to drain the fluid to take the motor off do I?? how do i know if the brushes are bad??

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can pull the motor off without draining the fluid. You can check the brushes and the brush cavity for corrosion by removing the two small screw's on the end of the motor,which you'll have to do anyway to get at the motor mounting bolt's.Look at the brushes and see how much they are wore down. If their almost wore down to the copper wire then they definitely need replaced.There are a total of 4 brushes.check them all as sometime's 1 or 2 will wear out faster than the other's and can cause the exact problem your having.