1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 60 Meyers Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Montana Joe, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Montana Joe

Montana Joe Junior Member

Thought I would get ready for winter and put the plow back on. The shaft cap cracked last year .Got a new one, pulled the cap ,shaft etc reinstalled everything put fluid in it but now it doesn't move I can here the motor click whenever I press either angle or the raise levers. Ran fine last winter .Frustrating I'd appreciate any advice

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not likely related to your top cap repair unless you didn't get the electrical connections tight when reinstalling the pump on the truck.

If all the motor does is click without turning, then either the motor is froze up (corroded) or you have a poor connection in the power or ground path somewhere.

Are you sure its the motor itself clicking and not the under hood solenoid? You can hot wire the motor with a set of jumper cables to check for poor power and ground connections, as well as a defective UHS.

Go over both power and ground connections with a fine tooth comb from the motor all the way to the battery and grounding points on the truck.

And, if its an old style single terminal motor, the E60's are notorious for corroding between the motor and the pump housing...which creates a poor ground path as well since the ground cable is on the pump housing, not the motor itself.

3. Montana Joe

B&B thanks Jumped from battery directly to motor terminals Nothing Is it worth trying to fix these motors or just get a new one?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I never rebuild the old ones as they never seem to last and it's tough to get all the rust and corrosion out of them anyway.

5. Montana Joe

B&B Thanks again Off to search for a new motor

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Several places online for Meyer parts if you want to save some foot work.

1) Central Parts Warehouse
    2) Angelo's
    3) Mill Supply

Good luck Joe. :salute: