1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 lowering question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Frostysnow, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

I am having problems getting my e-60 to lower. I had my worker take the plow off the other day and when i came out to the truck today i saw the pump was part way up. I thought i would put the pump down so i got in to the truck and started it up. I noticed the toggle switch was in the down/float position. This means he most likely drove the truck the other day with the toggle down. (these 2 toggle switches were custom mounted into the dash by the previous owner) When i moved the switch up and then back down, i couldn't push the pump back down. So then i tried moving the pump up and it went all the way to the top just fine. But now it is stuck there. Right now the plow is off, but the pump is stuck in the up position. I looked owner's manuel andn i think it might be a bad a coil. What do you all think? Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

I would check power to the A coil. That will be the black wire. If you have power going to the coil, check the coil to see if it properly working "Magatizim". I bet you might have burnt out the A coil. Alot of online sites have replacemet coils for pretty cheap, under 20$.

Hope this helps... And have a Happy Thanksgiving...

Tom718

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Some times they are simpley hard to pull down. FInd a big bar any try that before gettin to involved with it...Rob

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Some times they are simply hard to pull down. Find a big bar any try that before getting to involved with it...Rob