1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Lift Issue, Help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tsmith, Feb 11, 2010.

1. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Ok, I give, I have a E-60 pump with a slick stic controller. Last year it worked great, this year I have reoccurring problem. More often than not it won't lift, at least not quickely. At times it lifts slowly and will lower as soon as I let off the controller. After 2-8 times of this and moving it side to side I can get it to work for a while. It will start to raise slowly and make a lot of racket, then all of a sudden it will start acting normal. It will lower fine and I've changed the fluid and filters, also changed out the B valve and coil. The A coil shouldn't effect this I believe, but it and the coil were new last year and are clean and seem to function properly.

What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated, it's progressively getting worse and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance Thad

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Classic A valve issue. Either debris getting in the spool and hanging it open or the valve is just sticking on it's own.

I'll bet it was an aftermarket valve when it was replaced, correct?

3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I think it is an aftermarket valve. So the valve stays open and blasts the pressure back thru, it will lift a little because of flow restriction and foams up the oil making the pump sound terrible? Is this right, just trying to get a mental grasp on it? I take it i should get a meyer valve and this should go away? Thanks B&B, I was hoping to hear from you.

Thanks Thad

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You've got it Thad. As you're flowing fluid to the lift ram it also travels right back out of it through the partially stuck open A valve and right back to the reservoir. Makes the lift slow and causing the instant drop as soon as you let off the controller.

Genuine Meyer valves are more reliable than the aftermarket stuff and is what I always recommend using. I know these days they're not inexpensive but you do get better reliability the more $$ you spend when it comes to valves, coils, couplers etc.