1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Leaking Hydraulic Oil

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by stihl036, Oct 1, 2012.

1. stihl036

stihl036 Junior Member

This is my first hydraulic plow and it has a slow leak where the motor joins the body of the ram.

The guy I bought it from resealed it about a year before I got it and it has leaked ever since. The leaking is getting worse and I wan't to fix it. He thought he may have put one of the seals in backwards. Is this a common/easy mistake to make?

Any ideas what specific seal is the culprit? I am going to get a reseal kit and attempt to stop the problem. Should I get the whole kit or just the individual seals.

Otherwise the plow is in good shape.

Links to a manual?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Wade W

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

The meyers website has all the manuals on it.
  3. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Get the kit since you will want to replace any o-ring or seal that comes out. Or if you have a Meyer dealer in town they can re-build it. Just got my E-60 Done for under $150.
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I picked up a back up rig this summer, everything seemed to work ok but was leaking fluid. Rather than messing around with it I sent it in to Angelos for service. They completely disassembled, cleaned/inspected everything and replaced parts with OEM Meyer parts. It ended up costing me $350.00 and they turned it around in 10days. I put it on the truck yesterday and it cycles so much faster than I rememeber, so I sent off my second pump today for the same service.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Portals/0/POWER UNIT REBUILD.pdf
  5. stihl036

stihl036 Junior Member

So I started the tear down (my first one) and ordered the seal kit from my local dealer ($85) and I found this....

Reused Nitrite washers....

This appears to be the culprit but I found more...I can't find anything on the schematic about this seal. Maybe it was a left over from the last rebuild?

I pulled the filter and cleaned it with mineral spirits and air. Blow in or out?

Anyway, I wait for the reseal kit and will put back together.

Keep the good advice coming.

6. stihl036

stihl036 Junior Member

When I pulled the motor cover it was full of hydraulic oil. Will this/did this kill the motor?

There are two plugs in the motor cover, should I remove them to let any water/oil drain?

Thanks again.

Wade W
  7. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I have seen lots of videos on youtube on this part of the pump, sorry I couldn't help more, I haven't ran into this problem......yet!!!! Good luck hope this helps
  8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Also use the search bar onm this website lots of info here
  9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Also use the search bar on this website lots of info here