1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Leaking Down replaced A & B Valves

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by johnnysnok, Feb 19, 2014.

1. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

Just replaced both my A Valve and B Valve and my E-60 still will not stay up.

Any suggestions besides a Blue Pill?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Lift tube o ring or packing cup. Also have seen sump base cracks cause leaking down.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

perfect timing.
    i was just going to ask the same thing to confirm what kimber just said.
    only i have 2 that are acting up.
    one will not stay up at all anymore. raise it and it drops to the ground within 1 minute. this pump is at least 25 years old, the other one i have only had 4 years and was supposedly bought new 8 years ago. it will slowly drop over 5 minutes every once in a while

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

agreed

The piston bores that sit internally in the base/sump will crack a part of the lip away and create the same issue particularly if stacking without stops. You can replace the bore with the new style barrel and not have to replace the base/sump.

5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Lift cylinder packing 99% of the time. Need to replace cylinder base o ring, top seal, both can seals, upper cylinder o ring, and all 3 nytite washers.

I will say that I have yet to see a cylinder that doesn't need to be honed as well, and that you should remember that if the cylinder packing is bad, every o ring is also very old and it might be a good candidate and a good time for a complete rebuild.

6. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Lift ram may be pitted, if it's rusty it will tear your wiper seal

7. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

Had all the seals replaced / new cup and packing, good to go. Thanks for your replies!