1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snakeski, Jan 24, 2009.

1. snakeski

snakeski Junior Member
    from Vermont

my E-60 has new problems this morning.... Everything makes the plow raise!!! except the lowering button which does nothing!!!!

Bad B valve and A valve at the same time?!?!?!?!!?

any better ideas???

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

3. snakeski

snakeski Junior Member
    from Vermont

I'll give them a look over!!!!! THANKS!!!!

4. snakeski

snakeski Junior Member
    from Vermont

so far the grounds look fine...from firewall to battery and from pump to battery....body of coils to battery also look like a short.. The only way I can get the plow down is by letting the fluid out via the filter pass.

I also broke the stud on top of the B valve so I guess I'll be replacing that anyways!!!

5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Sounds like a controller problem, not a problem with the pump. Unplug the wire to the A coil and use a jumper to apply 12V directly to the A coil and the plow should drop. Does it?
    What kind of controls do you have?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think you're on the right track. Membrane control?

7. snakeski

snakeski Junior Member
    from Vermont

I'll try it...A has magnetism when on float so I think it is getting voltage, but I'll try the jumper!

8. snakeski

snakeski Junior Member
    from Vermont

sorry....it is an electric touch pad, I'll have to do research to find its offical name

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then check the valve.

10. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Have you adjusted the presser valve recently?

I was working on mine and it was sticking and would not float ether.

I had adjusted the presser relive to high and was causing the lift cylinder to stick

11. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

This sounds like the "B" valve is jammed in the energized position. See if you can push on the stem of the valve. If you cant then it is definately a jammed "B" valve.