1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lazypine, Jan 21, 2011.

1. lazypine

lazypine Member

Hi, I have an old meyer plow that I've slowly upgraded as things have worn out. Its the old husky c 7.5 that had an e-47 pump with toggle switch control. Ive changed to a newer truck and updated the EZ mount. Last year I was able to remove an e-60 from a truck before my friend sold it. He's a dealer and bought the truck without the blade and wasnt interested in selling it with the plow pump in place. We struck a deal and i removed as much as i could. I got the harness, nite sabers, e-60 pump etc. Ive since swapped out my e 47 for the e 60, but havent updated the lights yet. the e 60 seemed much faster the the old 47. The swap was done towards the end of last year and i changed all of the fluids at that time. Everything worked when i put it away. This year I finally put everything back on and used it for maybe ten mins and it started to angle left no matter what i tried to do. Occasionally it would do what it was supposed to do, but then revert back to going left , or nothing at all. I can hear the solonoid clicking and the lights dim. It would try to raise but about the time it tries to pick up any weight it stops moving. I took the motor(single post) off and cleaned the housing etc. (some corrosion) when i took off the end cap a little black powder came out. seems the brushes are reaching there service limit and the end of the armature doesnt appear to be "segmented" where the brushes run. Any other things I should check? thanks Neal
  2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I'd first check to see if you're getting power to the motor.
  3. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

well going left is the default mode so to say... if your getting power to the motor and it's running right then look at your crossover valve.
    mine did the same thing and it was the cross over then it wouldnt go up and it was the A valve and solenoid. on a 7 month old E60 was new out of the box... but a hundred dollars later and she's running like a champ again...