1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Dec 19, 2009.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I have been out all day plowing and tonight my E-60 was having trouble lifting the blade. With no weight on the pump cylinder raises as it should. With weight on pump cylinder raises very slow it almost will not raise plow. What is it? Bad motor, ground, or power? Where do I start?
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. cbeard

cbeard Member

I just used jumper cables and jumped from the solenoid to the motor and it seems like the motor is running slow could a solenoid cause my problem.

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Could be several things. Bad motor, weak pump, weak/bad/frozen relief valve, bad seals,,,etc. I suggest you get the Meyer manual for the E-60 and follow the trouble shooting section.

4. cbeard

cbeard Member

I think I'm finished for the night and was able to baby my pump to finish up. While I was plowing I noticed with weight on the pump raising the blade all of the lights in the truck got really dim. Even the handheld controller got dim. Any help will be appreciated.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When you jumped it, you did connect the ground cable to the motor also..or somewhere else, or not at all? If you had them both on the motor (as in the ground cable DIRECTLY on the motor) and it was slow then it's likely the motor that's faulty.

6. cbeard

cbeard Member

Thanks B&B. When I used the jumper cables I came off the the solenoid switched hot and the battery ground to both posts on the motor. I have the 2 post motor. I operated the controller for the blade and it was slow. I even double checked the connections. What replacement motor do you recommend?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since you have a two post motor then your test was acceptable for diagnostic purposes. For a replacement avoid the aftermarket motors and go with an OEM Meyer Iskra motor. The aftermarket motors are less expensive, but you get what you pay for.

8. cbeard

cbeard Member

Do you know if the motors that mills supply sells are what you speak of? Do you know how much they might be?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they're aftermarket. Easy way to identify is a genuine Meyer motor will run approx $180-$200. Aftermarket motors are anywhere from $50-$100 less.

10. cbeard

cbeard Member

Could this be a intermittent problem?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely it can be.

12. cbeard

cbeard Member

New motor solved the problem. I spoke to a fellow in my area who rebuilds starters and electric motors. he told me as long as my old motor ran he could rebuild it. B&B thanks. The new motor I put on had a the positive post loose. can it be tightened up?
    Thanks,
    Chris

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear it's working well. :drinkup:

You can snug the nut down thats against the motor, the one under where you place the cables. Just snug is all you want though, over tighten it and the stud will spin in the plastic insulator.