1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-60 help lift ram...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Smokey5826, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Smokey5826

Smokey5826 Junior Member

Taking advantage of the nice weather outside, I decided to give my e-60 a 'once over'... I cleaned the (2) fluid filters - the rear filter was damaged, so I replaced. I drained the fluid and replaced with new fluid. I also took apart the crossover valve assy (because I was getting some plow slippage when plowing snow - loss of pressure and wouldn't hold angle when pushing snow piles). Purchased a crossover valve kit (o-rings) and replaced. I go to test the plow after everything was said and done... Vertical Lift Ram goes up, but will not lower what-so-ever.Try left / right angles (without blade hooked up) and when angling right, fluid blasts with very nice pressure out of the crossover valve nut (there is a tiny hole for the pressure). I still cant figure out what the deal is, why the lift ram won't lower, I don't know if the pressured fluid coming out of the bleeder hole is an unrelated issue or not. Any advice / assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time in advance.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

our pump mechanic says that you have to replace the whole cross over valve ass.. once it is removed it could be damaged, so always install a new one...also could you ram be bent?

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

were in cleveland are you my be able 2 stop by and look at it with you

4. Smokey5826

Smokey5826 Junior Member

ram couldn't be bent - worked like a champ until this.

5. Chives10

Chives10 Junior Member

what part of cleveland we always go to Kopykat they seem to really know about meyers. why would you touch the crossover if it was working?

6. Smokey5826

Smokey5826 Junior Member

In the front of the pump, there is (2) 5/8" plugs...under one of them is a screen. Under the other one, there is a allen-keyed drain. I guess I tightened the allen-key plug too much...that is the adjustment on how quickly the ram drops, apparently...I figured out my problem, something simple luckly. Hope this information helps out someone in the future. Thanks for everyone's input / suggestions.