1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 60-H sticking to left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Booman70, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

My E-60h sticks left when angled left and push snow. Pump runs wont go straight until I push on right side of plow while pushing right button.

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

mine does the same thing I'm waiting until spring to fix it since I can get it to go right if I push the edge into a snowpile while holding the switch (lame but will work for now).

i attached the troubleshooting sheet. make sure you check/drain the filters, have proper fluid level and double check all the electric connections and ground. IF all that is good, according to the sheet it is a dirty/broken crossover valve. This is a common Meyer problem you will probably find other threads like this one on the same issue. PM me if you have further questions or keep posting as other members have a lot of experience with this stuff..

Attached Files:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need angle stops. Weld a couple 1/2 inch blocks on the stops so the blade can not angle as far.

4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

If that is really the fix that is total B.S. Can that company do anything right? why didn't they just build it right in the first place???

P.s. I'm going to weld on new stops this weekend and see how that goes. Thanks basher.

5. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I think it is something in the pump like the crossover valve. I just switched my pumps out last night to my spare will see if it still does it with this pump. I dont think it will I changed blades and it still happened so its in the pump. Im not here to bash meyer my plow has served me very well.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They did, it worked right when it was new. If you'd just left it in the garage it would still work like new.:whistling:

7. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

If your plow is angling to the left on its own and the motor runs continuously and won't stop, the solenoid under the hood is shot and needs replaced.

8. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

if it angle's to the left try taking out the cross over valve and changing the o-rings in it... there is a very small one in the mix if that get's screwed up it won't work right who know's why....

so far on a E-60 I bought on 2-22-10 i have change the cross over valve the A valve and the A solenoid. all of which Myers would not warranty.....

but because I'm changing parts so many time's my dealer sells me parts at the dealer price...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  9. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

:laughing: I guess so...I'm not really bashing meyer -this plow is over 15 years old with the original pump and the fluid was never changed until I got it -Just figured the design would have been better that is all..

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

It might be the quick couplers on the hoses, when it gets stuck angled, try to disconnect your hoses, if you can't get one of them undone replace the coupler, it worked for me last year on one of my plows and haven't had a problem since, it usually solves the problem, and it is usually easier to check, quicker and cheaper then pulling the pump apart and checking o rings, especially if the pumps is a few years old witha few miles on it, you end up breaking the o-rings when you pull it apart. You should not need to weld stops, the plow is meant to be angled that far

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011