1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Float Position

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kenyou, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi Fellas. I have a small problem with my Meyers touch control pad for a E- 60 pump. Everything seems to work great except that I have to hold the down button down a little longer than I would like to get it to go into Float. When I first started using it, it seemed a lot quicker. Is it my imagination or am I doing something wrong. How long should it take to go into float.

If this taking so long is normal, is there a different system that would work better?

Thanks for your expert opinion.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How long is long? Shouldn't take more than about 2 or 3 seconds max to go into float.

You could swap the touch pad out for a Slick Stick or a set of twin toggles.. much more reliable that way too..
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Yep, about 2 or 3 Seconds which seems like a long time when I am cross ways in the street getting ready to plow the driveway and there are cars coming towards me.

Will that Slick Stick plug into the same wires that the touch pad does?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's one of the reasons right there why I always liked the mechanical switches over the touch pads...

Unfortunately no.. all the different control types (twin toggle, single toggle, and the TP) take their own harness.. it's not too hard to chance the harness though..
  5. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Well, thanks anyway. I'm not about to try to change at this time of year unless it just quits working. I don't have a clue how to fix it so maybe I will ask around. The dealer is useless. All they do is bad mouth me for having a Meyers instead of a Western. They don't even advertise for Meyers.

Are the toggle switches spring loaded? Are they made special for a plow or just out of a store?
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The harness is easy to change... it's just an unplug and replug deal. Your TP harness will have an extra ground wire to the battery that the other harness won't have but other than that, it's plug and play.

The lift switch on the twin toggle set up is plow specific as it's momentary in one direction and detent on the other (the detent is your float position). The angle toggle isn't anything special, just a 5 pin double pole double throw momentary switch.. and yes, they're spring loaded.

You can buy the twin toggle's and the harness for less than a touch pad alone sell's used for.
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Ok, if I decide to go with this, where do I buy this system?

B&B I really appreciate you help. Thanks a million.

Oh yes, while your are here, is this site really slow tonight. I have cable and it still takes forever to go from one screen to the other.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can get the toggle kit and the harness from just about any of the online plow parts distributors....

Central Parts Warehouse
    Mill Supply... they'll all have them.

The twin switch kit is: Meyer p/n 15346
    The harness for the switches is: Meyer p/n 15478

Yea, I'm runnin' broadband and the site's slower than a frozen up E47 tonight...:D
    Not sure whats up...server maybe?
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  9. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Glad to hear others are running slow, thought it was just mine.
  10. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thanks for the part numbers. I'll check it out and if things don't go right, I will change over.

Thanks again and have a great day.