1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 60 coil question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tattoofever, Dec 20, 2008.

1. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

hows it going hope everybody made some cash this week ,anyways i've got a issue with my e60 pump i'll give the long story to save time last wek i put plow on and it wouldnt go down the touch pad kept shorting out ,so i replace the a coil and all was fine for the storm we had wednesday ,last night out of nowhere when i would put the plow in float it would short out after a minute or so ,not all the time but most of the time until this morning when it was pretty frequent ,

the wirring on the truck is new (last year) and the wirring on the plow is older so i ran a new black wire from out side to truck wiring just in case i had a break in the wire and it was shorting out ,that didnt do anything so i took the old coil and cleaned the rust
    which i'm assumming was causeing my original problem , and replace the new coil with my bad one and now plow works fine

i bought the coil new so i dont see how it can be bad but what else could it be ?
    with more snow comming i cant help but be a little nervous thanks in advance for any help

2. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

anybody?? i drained all the fluid and pulled valve back out to check for blockage and all seems fine as do the screens

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Was the new coil a genuine Meyer part? If not then thats where the issue lies as the touch pads have a history of not liking the aftermarket coils. They wont tolerate ANY resistance out side of spec.

4. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

it was a new one i'd have to check to see if it was aftermafrket ,didnt even think about that as this place was open after hrs and i was so happy to get going ,so happy i bought all 3 coils just so i coul d have them in the truck total 398.17 thanks for the help great site you guys got going here almost makes me wish i had a laptop in my truck