1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 60 angle problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rollinstone, Dec 28, 2008.

1. rollinstone

rollinstone Junior Member

I flushed the system, put in new oil. It goes up fine but won't angle. It moves a little but won't swing fully. I thought there was air in the system but that's not the case. I looked at the Meyers service manual but still can't figure it out. My next step I guess is checking the C valve, and I guess that's under the C coil. Am I on the right track.

Tim

2. AHammen

AHammen Member

Check your quick copplers, if they are not connected all the way you obviously won't be able to angle.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

are you sure it has enough fluid? did you but in almost 2 Qts?

4. rollinstone

Ya it's full of fluid. I got it to move maybe 3/4 of the way right and left, but it moves slow, and sometimes won't move untill I give it a little help. I cleaned the filters. I guess the next thing is to change the quick couplers. anybody got any other ideas. I can use it the way it is but it's a pain in the a$$.

Tim

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If its slow in both directions...first pull the C valve and check the screen on it for any debris you may have stirred up during the flush. If its looks good then change the quick couplers.

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

If you got a E60 it sounds like a full size plow you can always diconnect the hose for the rams and couple them together and try to move the plow by hand see if anything is bent or binding. If not you could pin the a frame in either right or left angle.

7. rollinstone

B&B, I didn't know there was a screen under the C valve. It doesn't show one on the parts breakdown, but I'll pull it out this morning and have a look. Thanks

Tim

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not under the valve, on the valve. Not all of them have it but be sure to check.