1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 angle problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by archer39, Dec 19, 2008.

1. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

My plow won't hold angle to the left but it does hold to the right(passenger side). It will angle both directions but is very mushy to the left (driverside). When i plow into a snow bank with plow angled left slightly it will go all the way when coming in contact with the bank.

also, i changed the fluid and when i was bleeding the rams i noticed that the right side ram (passanger side) would not push out nearly (barley any) the fluid as the left. so it seems the right side ram is not getting enough fluid.

any help would be great.

2. jwkv

jwkv Member

Most likely it is a bad C valve. I have the same problem with it not holding the angle. So I just haven't replaced the C valve yet. You can download a maual from the Meyer site. It has diagnostics in it that might help.

3. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

mine holds angle right but not left. The coil has is magnetized when in operation. the c valve looked fine no dirt and all the O rings looked good.

can i attempt to angle the plow with the C valve out to see if it is working?

Also, i went though the meyer manual and got to the point where it says to check the pilot check ball. I removed the 1/4 allen screw and seen this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i think the spring and ball are missing, am i right??? or are they up in farther. The pump is on the truck so its hard to see. i reached up there with a magnet like stated in the manual says but no luck.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  4. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

well its not the C valve, i pulled it and tested it per B&B instuctions in another thread.

i have the pump pulled off the truck so i can work on it in the heat. anyone else have any suggestions?