1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Angle Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by famouslee99gt, Jan 21, 2007.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

Early in the season, when we never had any snow, everything worked just fine on the plow. I have a ST-7.5 with a E-60 pump. It's only 2-3 years old.

So a snow storm is forcasted. I put the plow on last nite, raised and lowered it, never bothered to try to angle it. So this morning before going out to plow, I go to angle the plow so I can back out of the barn, and nothing happened. You can hear the solenoid acutating, but it wouldn't angle. You can manually angle the plow by hand.

The only way I was able to plow was with a winch holding it to the right. So I get back home and try to see if it will do anything. Of course, it attempts to move. I undo the winch and turn it to the left. After all the way to the left, that was it. I manually got it back to center. It will go to the left, but not right.

Previous to this, I had changed the coupler to the driver side cylinder. Even after putting the old coupler back on, still nothing. And then it didnt change anything. I unhooked the hoses from the cylinders. The passanger side cylinder was extremely full of fluid and under high pressure while the driver side cylinder had a little bit of pressure but not much.

While I had the hoses unhooked from the cylinders, I hooked them up to the pump. The passanger side will shoot fluid and nothing comes out the driver side.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm gonna call the nearest Meyer distrubutor tomorrow and see what they have to say.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like your driver side hose coupler is bad ON THE PUMP SIDE of the coupler's.

3. LON

LON Senior Member

If all worked fine earlier than take the green wire coil off the valve and see if there is rust on top of the base of the valve. This is common to do here in our shop. Scratch the rust off, apply some Never-seize and put the coil back on.
    Lon

4. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

bad coupling

Had that happen to me once, ended up being the hydro coupling that comes off the pump. My coupling had a lot of play in the joint.

5. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I finally got my plow working again. I spent some good money and went through and replaced a bunch of stuff. It's practically a new pump. I replaced the A, B & C Valves & Coils and installed a new seal rebuild kit. After that, I still had nothing. It would raise, lower and angle left but would not angle right.

After a little bit of checking, it still wasn't pushing any fluid to the left/driver side cylinder. Originally, I had replaced the coupler, pump side and hose side on this driver side. I had previous attempted to swap the pump side coupler to see if that was my problem. In my last attempts, I decided to reinstall the old hose side coupler. Magically, the plow started working again. A $430 rebuild was performed to solved a simple $20 problem. I couldn't believe that a brand new coupler was causing my problems. All I know is now I have a completely rebuilt pump and a plow that looks better than when I purchased it.

Personally, I would like to cut my loses, and sell this Meyer plow and move on to a Boss 7'6" Standard Duty plow. I'm more of a fan of a uni-mount plow, especially with the fancy SmartHitch2 on the Boss plows.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you got it working.....those coupler's will bite you sometime's! I too have installed brand new couplers right out of the box and they didn't work. :realmad:

7. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

right angle

thats my problem now, wont turn right, are you saying the coupler that the hose goes into on the pump was bad,? the quick coupler? it wouldnt let the fluid threw?

8. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

Yes, my quick coupler was bad. The package I bought included both hose side and plow side of the coupler. I decided I would just change both of them. The plow side couple was good. But the brand new fitting on the hose itself was bad, that would not allow any fluid to pass through.