1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-60 Angle Left Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jjklongisland, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I am having a problem with angling my E-60 to the left. I have researched the forum and think it could be one of these 2 things: C Valve, Crossover Relief Valve. I would like your opinions before I purchase any parts.

What happens is once connected if try and angle left it will always first go right and then left. If it goes all the way to the right then it will not come back left unless I push hard the plow while someone hits the left lever or if I hit it into a curb. Once it frees up it seams to work good for a while and then acts up again where it will get hung up angled right. It happens intermittently.

I also read that it could be hanging up because of it possibly binding etc. I think if that was the case it would happen every time and it still doesnt explain why it first will angle right when I push the left lever. Seams like a valve issue acting sluggish or getting stick when angled fully right.

Any opinions?

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Your C-valve isn't working. Could be the coil/electrical or the valve itself.

3. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Thanks... I guess I will order a new valve and cross my fingers.

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

No problem, however I do recommend testing the electrical connection and coil before buying anything. You can test it with a steel screwdriver, just need a helper to push the button, and while its malfunctioning, touch the screwdriver to the bolt holding the coil down. If magnetism sucks the screwdriver down, the electrical and coil are functional.

5. new plow guy

new plow guy Junior Member

I have basically the same problem only mine goes left, (also an E-60) sometimes when I try to lift the blade or go right, it will go left, (joystick controller) if it goes to "full lock" left it may take a curb bump for it to begin working correctly. It is so intermentant I haven't been able to really diagnosis it, and of course when I'm plowing and it does it. I am alone with nobody to help. I do always have the solenoid "click" so I believe the joystick is ok. Is this possibly to "c-valve"? Do they become dirty & cleaning help? or just time for replacement?

THANKS GUYS!!!