1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 60 angle issues wont turn right away

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bwbigred, Dec 4, 2010.

1. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i have a e 60 pump which i put a new green coil and valve on last week cause it would not angle, worked fine when i tested the plow now it angles left fine when i hit the touch pad to angle right it keeps going left, but if i hit the button twice fast it then will angle to the right. So i need to do this everytime i want to angle it left any idea????

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Test the C coil for magnetism as the right angle function is pressed but it's traveling left instead. If it has mag then you have a defective C valve (was the new one a genuine Meyer valve?). However if it doesn't have mag then it's either a poor connection between the coil wire and the touch pad or the touch pad or coil itself. You can test the harness and coil connection by using a 12V fused jumper wire on the green wire on the harness side of the controller plug and then press the angle right function to see if it angles tot he right like it should, then remove the jumper, angle it back to the left and then run the same test again a few more times. If it angles right perfectly every time with the jumper attached then the touch pad is defective. Which is very very common, they're not known to be the most reliable thing.

3. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i will try these tests tomorrow and see what i come up with and no it was not a meyers gen valve and coil it was a S.A.M