1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-58h

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dlcs, Nov 1, 2008.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

New last season, my E-58 will only go up slowly and it will not go into float mode. What could be the problem? Unit only has a few snows on it.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

If I unhook the wires going to the A coil, the float light will light on the controller. Right now the ram is up and I can't get it to lower(plow is not on). I don't feel magnetism on the coil but then again I don't feel magnetism on any of them.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure sounds like a ground issue (or lack of) at the pump unit. Time to check over all the ground connections from the pump to the battery.

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Checked and cleaned all grounds. Still had the same problem. I called Angelos and talked to a tech, he said that it sounds like the controler, since the fault light doesn't come on when a coil wire is unhooked. So I bit the bullet and bought a new controler, one with the diagnostic lights. Got it today, hooked it up and still doesn't work. Dianostic light comes on and flashes twice. Codes on back of controller says check the black wire for two red light flashes. So could this mean its short in the harness, bad A coil, or A valve? I'm about ready to go nuts. This pump isn't even a year old. Help me, please.LOL

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thats why you dont buy a controller til B&B says so

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

.....but its nice controller though. LOL

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is this unit on an EZ-Plus/MDll mount series....or the old EZ-Classic mount?

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Its a Ez classic mount and it originally had a E-60 unit. I bought the E-58h last January so it uses the adpaters for the coil wires.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I believe you have more than a single issue as the slow lift and float (or lack of) likely are not related...unless it has a ground issue.

Hot wire the A coil with a dedicated 12V and ground wire and see if you can then push the lift arm down.

Have you tried angling it yet? Does it angle ok?

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

No, I haven't tried angling it yet. I didn't put the blade on it, cause I can't get it to drop without having to remove the A coil

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So it lifts slow even without the weight of the blade?

Try hot wiring the A coil like I mentioned to see if you can lower it that way.

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yeh it lifts slow even without the blade. I'll try hot wiring the a coil tomorrow. Could the wire harness be bad? I tried getting magnetism on any of the three coils and I couldn't. Like its not gettign power to the coils or something. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it definitely can be a bad control harness thats causing your A coil issues...but there's other possible causes as well.

If its slow even with no load on it then either you have a poor power connection, weak battery, or the motor on your year old pump is dying. That thing should lift in the blink of an eye with no load on it.

14. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I don't think its a weak battery or bad connection cause you can really here it working when it tries to lift. I'm wondering if none of the valves are working and the pump is working against the valve.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If its lifting at all then the B valve is opening.

You can hot wire the B coil in the same manner as I explained on how to do it with the A coil and see if helps. Where are your coils grounded? Is that connection good? Do you have a ground from the motor ground stud to the pump base? You should.

16. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Well, I tried the E-58h today and it worked for a while, then it went back to the same problem. I also noticed that when it lifted slowly you could have someone lift up on the plow arm and it would take right off. So, I swapped in my newly rebuilt E-60 and it works just fine. So that eliminates any wiring problems on the truck. I called Angelos and since its under warranty, they are going to fix it. I'm done pulling my hair out over this pump.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bad motor. :nod:

And yes a motor can die in a years time believe it or not. I've had them die right out of the box before. :cry:

18. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I'll report back with what they find out but i bet your right on.

Thanks