1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-58H walks around while plowing??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bronco69, Mar 3, 2010.

1. bronco69

bronco69 Member

I have an E-58H that I have been using fine until this last snow storm. While using it the blade seemed like it was walking around angling to the left 3 or 4 inches then back to the right over and over as I was pushing a heavy pile of snow. This has been the heaviest snow this year. Any idea why it might do that?
  2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

How heavy? Mine will do that if the snow is like slush. The crossover relief is doing its job, its designed so if you hit something hard the plow will give in either direction to eliminate damage. JMO, the one piece crossover in the E-58h is a little low.
  3. bronco69

bronco69 Member

I just converted all four of my trucks to E-58H pumps and the other three are working fine but this pump seems to do it quite a bit. Is there any adjustment to the one piece crossover. If I turn the screw in or out will it change the outcome? I am not real familiar with these pumps yet.
  4. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

wondering same thing